Monday, 12 May 2014

Wind In The Willows: My Disk Label


Post 9 – Wind in the Willows: My Disk Label

On my disk label, I wanted to try to do something different from the DVD cover, so moving away from the greenery of the forest I first looked for an image of a small dirt track. I wanted to give the view that this time you are looking down into the forest from above, onto a secluded clearing. I used the brush tool to subtly add a faint redness into the dirt as a typical horror effect. I included an unusual looking skull, which was given horns, and appears to be laid in the secluded area of the forest. An image of flames with lowered opacity and fill subtly spread across the skull and track to continue the theme from the derelict cottage on my back cover. The main title appears as it does on the front cover. I think this is something that should be consistent as it is part of the identity of the film, and I have included the catchphrase for the film, which I have altered using the ‘warp to mesh’ feature which I previously used to create the main title. I think the catchphrase has a more of an importance on my disk label, because the cover is quite busy in images already as it covers such a big area in comparison to the size of the disk label. On the disk label it is a focal point which the consumer is always going to see and read just before they play the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment